Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Some Recast & Detour Projects

The image is composed of a screen shot from the game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckonin, GSoC10 projects for CrystalSpace and Blender.

Recast & Detour has seen quite nice adaptation during the past year. During the Paris Game AI Conference I run out of fingers to count the AAA projects currently in production which are using some part of Recast and Detour. In addition to that looks like there are countless indie, open source or hobby projects which I'm totally unaware of too.

Some projects have ported the code to different platforms, some have made quite heavy modifications to add features needed specifically for their game, and some are just using some parts of the code. It's awesome that Recast and Detour are being put in use! This also means that quite a few bugs have been reported and fixed too.

Here's some recent projects I'd like to highlight (if you like to share yours, drop me a line or comment below):
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
I'm glad that I'm allowed to share that up coming game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning by Big Huge Games is using Recast and Detour.

Google Summer of Code 2010
Thanks to Nick and Leonardo, Blender Game Engine and CrystalSpace both leveled up on pathfinding this summer.
I'm thankful to all the people who have sent bug reports, fixes, improvements, suggestions or challenged me. It has made the toolkit so much better!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using R&DT for Damzel:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vaRieN6_Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. and mine http://glow3d.com/games.htm
    one of game demo with Recast wins Intel Level Up 2009 ))

    ReplyDelete